This service operates 24-hours a day, every day of the year. They offer crime prevention advice, patrol the campus, investigate crimes, and respond to alarms and emergencies. Students and staff are reminded of the University’s “Staying Safe in Leeds” booklet which gives advice on personal safety.
Security Service Level Agreement
Security Services operate by the Security Service Level Agreement which sets out the following objectives.
- Our vision
- What our customers want
- What you can do to support us
- Who we are
- Services provided
- Incident response times
- How we monitor performance and Key Performance Indicators
- Uniformed security patrols and static guarding both with and without the use of dogs.
- A 24 hour monitoring service for all networked closed circuit television cameras and University alarm systems.
- Initial response to alarms and emergency situations.
- Investigating, recording and analysing crimes and incidents.
- Crime prevention advice.
- Event/venue security for University functions including access control and guarding.
- Briefings to staff and students on personal and property security.
- Lost/found property system.
- Management information on crime figures and trends as they affect the university.
- Security services on a ‘charged’ basis for non academic activity on University property.
- Other specialist support as necessary or required.
Contact them for information, advice or to report a crime at:
|Security Control Room||Security Office|
|175 Woodhouse Lane
Tel: (0113) 343 5494/5 (non-emergencies)
or (0113) 343 2222 (emergencies only)
|The Security Office is located near the University main entrance barrier.
You can locate us by using one of the following links:
Police Higher Education Liaison Officer
The University of Leeds works with West Yorkshire Police to provide a Police Higher Education Liaison Officer (PHELO) offering help, advice and support to students and staff on campus.
PC Becky Hurrell works with the University’s Security Service on campus. You can contact her at: