175 Woodhouse Lane
Tel: (0113) 343 5494/5 (non-emergencies)
or (0113) 343 2222 (emergencies only)
Advice and Guidance
Please read the pages below for advice and guidance on crime prevention and how to recover lost property.
Police Higher Education Liaison Officer
The University of Leeds works with West Yorkshire Police to provide a Police Higher Education Liaison Officer (PHELO) offering help, advice and support to students and staff on campus.
PC Becky Hurrell works with the University’s Security Service on campus. You can contact her at:
Security Services operate by the Security Service Level Agreement which sets out the following objectives.
- Our vision
- What our customers want
- What you can do to support us
- Who we are
- Services provided
- Incident response times
- How we monitor performance and Key Performance Indicators
- Uniformed security patrols and static guarding both with and without the use of dogs.
- A 24 hour monitoring service for all networked closed circuit television cameras and University alarm systems.
- Initial response to alarms and emergency situations.
- Investigating, recording and analysing crimes and incidents.
- Crime prevention advice.
- Event/venue security for University functions including access control and guarding.
- Briefings to staff and students on personal and property security.
- Lost/found property system.
- Management information on crime figures and trends as they affect the university.
- Security services on a ‘charged’ basis for non academic activity on University property.
- Other specialist support as necessary or required.
Although critical incidents on campus are extremely rare, it makes common sense for us all to be prepared and have the best, most up-to-date knowledge and advice of what to do in an emergency situation.
Please download our poster to read more.