Security Services, in partnership with West Yorkshire Police and Leeds City Connect, will launch a new cycle campaign in October aimed at promoting bike security to new students in Leeds.
Security Services will be promoting 3 strands of cycle safety and security for £20 students can buy:
- a solid D. Lock
- have their cycle registered
- receive front and rear lights for their cycles
Malcolm Dawson, Security Services Manager said; “This campaign is aimed at improving cycle safety and security across campus and follows on from last year’s successful campaign.”
Why is cycle safety and security important?
- A good solid D. Lock makes it much harder for thieves to steal cycles and they usually go for those that are not secured properly or those with rather flimsy locks.
- It is prudent to also register your cycle, should it be stolen, it can then be identified and returned to its rightful owner.
- Unfortunately, accidents occur with cyclists often riding with no lights during darkness and front and rear lights will be supplied in the package.
Students are invited to visit the security marquee in the Precinct on the 9th and 10th October and purchase a cycle security package, whilst stocks last. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org