The vision for Commercial & Campus Support Services is that we will provide excellent, financially sustainable services and facilities to our customers, which will make a significant contribution to the University’s world class aspiration.
Our key aims are closely aligned to the University’s strategy map and can be summarised as:
- Delivering an Excellent Customer Experience
- A Sustainable, Effective and Efficient Organisation
- Financial Sustainability
- Valuing and Developing all our Staff
Our Mission: to inspire through excellence
As staff in Commercial & Campus Support Services we are committed to creating and reinforcing this culture. We will:
- Value teamwork and participation by all staff, whatever the level, and believe in personal development and the nurturing of talent and potential;
- Have structure to the way we work, but with freedom for leaders to ensure those systems are fit for the specific workplace;
- Work in a positive and friendly environment where staff are known to each other and commitment to each other and the Service is high;
- Emphasise trust, respect, openness and honesty with each other;
- Share our performance widely and discuss improvements openly and without cause for concern;
- Value efficiency, ensure we operate a smooth running service but value the distinctiveness our people bring to our service;
- Be dynamic and entrepreneurial, anticipate the needs of customers and surprise and delight them by being innovative and responsive;
- Commit to excelling and being the best in what we do, compete with the best, outperforming private sector too.
When Commercial & Campus Support Services came together we came to an agreement about what it is that we wanted to represent.
These simple values capture the essence of what we stand for as a team. They explain to all of our staff what is expected of them when undertaking their work. We see these values as really important, they will be the benchmark against which we assess ourselves and each other; we expect all staff to use them in their everyday working life.
We also believe that if we live by these values our customers will notice a difference. We will be giving really fantastic service and be a place that our customers want to come to. We will in essence achieve our vision of giving our customers a really great experience.
What We Stand For
1. We’re not driven by the needs of shareholders but by a responsibility to our customers, communities and the betterment of the University of Leeds
2. Our aim is to be profitable because that is how we fund the investment in new, or the refurbishment of existing facilities, as well as supporting and enhancing the student experience
3. Our ways of working are ethical – supporting local businesses, producers and Fairtrade suppliers and always aiming to offer the best value for money
Senior Management Team
|Director of Commercial and Campus Support Services||Stewart Ross||S.Ross@leeds.ac.uk|
|Head of Catering and Conferencing||Beverley Kenny||B.Kenny@adm.leeds.ac.uk|
|Service Manager, FSS||Elizabeth Brittain||E.M.Brittain@leeds.ac.uk|
|Sales & Marketing Manager, MEETinLEEDS||Harriet Boatwright||H.L.Boatwright@adm.leeds.ac.uk|
|Facilities Directorate HR Manager||Josie Ormston||J.F.Ormston@adm.leeds.ac.uk|
|Business Development Manager||Lynne Cubbon||L.A.Cubbon@leeds.ac.uk|
|Print & Copying Services Manager, PCB||Peter Rous||P.G.Rous@leeds.ac.uk|
|Head of Sport, University of Leeds||Suzanne Glavin||S.J.Glavin@leeds.ac.uk|
|Management Accountant, Commercial Services||Shelley Todd||S.K.Todd@adm.leeds.ac.uk|
|Facilities Directorate Marketing and Communications Manager||Susan Pimblett||S.Pimblett@leeds.ac.uk|
|Acting Head of Security||Malcolm Dawson||M.email@example.com|
|Head of Cleaning Services||Janet Willis||J.M.Willis@leeds.ac.uk|